Discover our beautiful region!
Blessed with natural and cultural treasures, the Alpes-Maritimes is the ideal setting for successful holidays.
THE NATURAL RICHES:
All along the nearby sea-side just 20 minutes from the camp-site, you will find a wide choice of sandy or pebble beaches, hidden creeks where you can take full advantage of the mild Mediterranean climate: swimming, scuba diving, fishing, sailing, etc.
If you prefer mountains, in just a few kilometres, you will be able to enjoy magnificent outings and hikes, whether on foot, on horseback or on mountain bikes, without forgetting water sports (canyoning, rafting, aqua-rando river hikes), or get an adrenalin boost from paragliding.
And the very lungs of the department, the Parc National du Mercantour, with its ”Valley of Marvels” (vallée des merveilles) will allow all nature-lovers to discover the local flora and fauna.
THE CULTURAL RICHES
The Alpes Maritimes offers two contrasting environments, with its famous, lively towns and villages, nestled in against the Provençal charm of small mediaeval villages with their steep, narrow streets.
Are you looking for a lively time, and exciting shopping experiences? Monaco, Cannes and Nice will welcome you with their restaurants, their lively old towns, their casinos and their night clubs.
Would you rather enjoy calm, the picturesque and the song of cicadas? Take a drive along any of the beautiful roads away from the coast and soak up the charm of the high hill-top villages
NOT TO BE MISSED
- Grasse, the perfume capital, with its museum and perfumeries to visit: under 10 minutes away.
- St Paul de Vencewith its famous games of boules in the shade of venerable plane trees and the Maeght art foundation is within a 15 Km drive.
- Cannes the Croisette sea-front, the film festival in May – just 17 Km away.
- Nice, the “Promenade des Anglais”, the old town and the castle mount – within half an hour.
- Monaco, luxury shops, the Prince’s Palace and the Formula 1 Grand Prix in May; 45 minutes way (at a non Grand-prix pace).
- And, across the border in Italy, Vintimille with its extensive market every Friday is only one hour away.
- Without forgetting the Parc National du Mercantour and the Marvellous Valley (la Vallée des Merveilles).
- And the Winter ski resorts (Isola 2000, Auron, Valberg, Gréolières les Neiges ) offer Summer activities with hiking, circuit training, guided tours, etc.
- Aquatic park: MARINELAND : www.marineland.fr
- Antibes land: www.antibesland.fr
- Canyon Forest: www.canyonforest.com
- Pitchoun Forest: www.pitchounforest.com
- A maze: Le Labyrinthe de l’Aventure: www.labyfolies.com
- Paintball Valley : www.paintballvalley.fr
- Grotto: La Grotte de St Cézaire: www.grotte-saintcezaire.com
- Gardens and Luxury villa: Villa et jardins Rothschild: www.villa-ephrussi.com
- Underground discoveries: Le souterroscope: www.baumeobscure.com
- Canyoning : www.azurcanyoning.com, www.altitude06.com
AND SO MUCH MORE